Friday, October 17, 2008

MY NIHONGO CLASS


SPEAK your mind...TEACH people...TOUCH lives...

Several weeks ago, we i started attending this free Nihongo class in our school. For weeks now, I have always been present in the class. But this week, sad to say, I absent myself. Panu naman kasi? Yung mga fellow teachers ko, hindi rin sila pumasok. Eh nakakahiya naman kasi na ako lang mag-isa ang papasok..Puro estudyante kaya namin yung mga kasama ko..So I decided not to attend anymore.

I have this guilty feeling because ever since I started schooling, wayback in 1990 for my elementary days to the day of my graduation in college in 2004 , i haven't been absent to any of my classes, unless for official business. Unlike most of students in the regular public high school, I consider every absent I make as a loss in me. Loss in the possible lessons that I would miss, loss of the experiences that I might encounter while discussing a particular topic, loss in my personality.

Students, or shall I say learners like me, who are really eager to learn consider every meeting in every subject a gain in their investment to education. Though after the subject period I will not be given a grade in my Nihongo class and will not be given any recognition, like what I received during those earlier days of my student life, I would stil take this class seriously. The ideas and lessons that I gain here will further enhance my character, not only as a techer, but also a citizen of the world who needs to interact with others. The experience in this Nohongo class will be a precious belonging that even rich people will not own. Thanks to the governments of Philippines and Japan for this opportunity. And thanks to Shino Sensei!

No comments: