Saturday, August 30, 2008

I am a TEACHER

This is my second year of applying the knowledge, techniques and strategies that my professors in college taught me. I am enjoying it, no doubt. Despite the stress, the hardships, the pressures shouldered upon me everyday, I am liking my profession.

Actually, this is not my dream. This is very far from what I really wanted to become. I wanted to be an accountant. I wanted to be a lawyer. I wanted to be a DJ. I wanted to be a journalist. But life is really ironic. My parents wanted me to be a teacher. An obedient son I was, I could not resist, I could not complain. They were the ones to finance my schooling so I had to obey. I had to comply.

And the rest is history.

Now I am employed in one of the prototype schools, not only in the Philippines but also in the whole wide world. I learned to love my work, not because I bear the name of this institution but because I finally realized that I play a great role in building the future. I play an important role in shaping this world for GREAT MINDS BEGIN HERE. In this school. In me. For I am a teacher!

No comments: