Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HEY MIKE

Next week, we will be celebrating our anniversary.

I just wanted to reminisce the days when we were still in our girlfriend-boyfriend stage that’s why I wrote you a letter. Remember those times when no cellphones yet? No computers, no chat, no text messages, no e-mails? Remember our courting days? Our only way of communication then was a handed-over letter by either our friends or our nannies. I still have those letters written in a yellow pad. They’re in my closet, if you notice. Ahihi! And remember the chocolate wrappers where you wrote notes of meeting in the library or canteen just to greet me during our monthsaries? They are still clipped in my old, college books. I treasure them, the way I treasure you. The way I treasure our relationship. Our family. The way I used to do.

Well, thank you for being always there. Thank you for being the same Mike that I liked and loved and whom I exchanged vows in front of the altar and of the people. You’ve always been supporting me in all my decisions which sometimes, I am aware, are already beyond my control.

I just don’t know if you still appreciate it. But another reason of writing you a letter instead of just texting you or giving you a call or a message in the e-mail is that I want to show to everyone that the old ways of communication are still as good as using the state of the art gadgets and facilities. Now that there is a hot issue regarding telecommunications, I want to prove to those concerned that we do not fully rely on their products. We still have alternative means of minimizing, if not totally eradicating, the problem. I only wanted to show to them that we, Filipinos, really are survivors who can flexibly and triumphantly overcome all challenges we are facing.


Always,

Glory

No comments: